Sep 29, 2009

Der Trasch - Apocalyptic, Biatch!

A few years back, I was in a band called Der Trasch. We played a lot of parties and basement shows. One time I played drums so hard I puked. A particularly memorable show we played was with Japanther at the SS Marie Antoinette, where there was crowd surfing and people jumping (and toppling into my drums) off the PA, and after we played everyone too tired to dance to Japanther.

This was probably the silliest band I've ever been in, even sillier than my high school pop-punk band that had a song about pepperoni pizza. We played synthy no-wave dance punk that would go quickly from dance beats to metal breakdowns, with singer Naomi singing/rapping/screaching about everything from slutty vampires to not wanting "that baguette going near [her] derriere', to a story about us being futuristic robots who committed the mortal sin of freak-dancing, and thus forever condemned to repeat that sin:

I am a disco robot! I dance and I can't stop!
You are a disco robot! You dance and you can't stop!
We are disco robots! We dance and we can't stop!


Recommended tunes: "I Got A Peg Leg And All That Shit," "Barry White Sings The Brown Note," and the last 7 minutes (!) of "Naomi, Origin."
Or maybe I shouldn't recommend it at all. Oh boy.

Our last show was the Capitol Hill Block Party 2006. Funny enough, my band Bow + Arrow's last show was the Capitol Hill Block Party 2009. Hmm.

Der Trasch, R.I.P. 2005-2006.


download

0 comments: