Dec 4, 2008

gleaning the cube

This Saturday I'll be co-facilitating a workshop on Dumpster Diving, Gleaning, and Food Banks at Seattle Central Community College as part of the event, Cultivating Food Justice. It should be pretty cool, and on top of how it's all generally pretty interesting, I'll also be getting paid!! Dope. I asked Kaelan if she wanted to help me, cuz she's broke too and she'll have some really really good stuff to say about poverty, privilege, and other oft-neglected criticisms and concerns about dumpstering. That shit gets ignored by the noble scavengers of our dear city. I'm putting together a zine to present at the workshop now, which is borrowing largely from a Etiquette + Tips thing I wrote a long time ago for SeattleDIY's old website.

It would be great if I were only able to show this film before the workshop:


See more on CitizenShift

Not as good is this crap story from CNN. Blegh:

0 comments: