May 26, 2010

Springtime II

Early spring was quite a doozy. It started off with my band (My Parade) going on a brief tour down the west coast with our friends Agatha, which for me was cut short by having to fly back to Seattle from Reno to make it to class on time. It's my final quarter of school at Seattle University, and soon I'll have an oh-so coveted bachelors in sociology. There was a bit of activism-related drama that I'm hoping is all done with. Lost my job, due to it being outsourced to Taiwan.

Now it's the final stretch of springtime. Lots of fun stuff is in the works. I'll be graduated soon, and immediately after I'll be going east to the US Social Forum in Detroit, and maybe mill about in the area for a wee bit. Shortly after I get back I'll be leaving for another tour with My Parade, this one being for two weeks, going to southern California, over through Arizona, then back home. Right after that, there'll be all sorts of changes at the warehouse/venue space where I live, as I gotta get 5 people squarely lined up to move in, as all of my current roommates will be leaving (all on good terms! folks are moving to other cities, or to places with sunlight). And finally, I'm making good plans to go on some bike trips in late summer.

Good things are afoot. Life is filled with smaller rewarding things right now, too. I've started brewing Kombucha, writing zines again, about to start practicing drums again (after a 1-year hiatus, save for playing during brief quiet band practices + playing shows), been going to a lot of excellent shows, going on woodland excursions, started volunteering a little with Alleycat Acres, helping out with construction for Hollow Earth Radio's new public space, and I've been working on lots of little projects around the home, like temporarily putting up a makeshift trapeze swing in our living room.

I also just got a phone with a camera. So I'll be posting silly photos from my days on this blog, possibly. You know, given free time (because it's always so abundant).
<- Erin made a cool calendar out of an old window, at Pet Seminary!








at the new Hollow Earth Radio space. It's the DJ booth, guarded by Christian's dog.







Jordan's cardigan has three cardigans on it.







a bunch of crusties moved in next door to New Crompton and built a walled garden. cooool.




and finally, check out this cool video about Hollow Earth Radio!

Hollow Earth Radio Kickstarter Video from Garrett Kelly on Vimeo.


I'll probably be posting more about music to download on this blog, too. Really soon, I promise.
But fuck it, in the meantime, just go ahead and download these albums:
Bow + Arrow - live on KEXP
Dear Nora - Dreaming Out Loud 7"
The Good Good - Furrows
Prozac Memory/Back of Dave split LP
Republic of Freedom Fighters - self titled LP
Assfactor 4 - Smoked Out 7"
Waffle Stomper - self titled

0 comments: